Northwest Indiana Times
The Times of Northwest Indiana is a daily newspaper serving Munster, Indiana and the surrounding communities. The paper was established on June 18, 1906, as The Lake County Times by Simon McHie. In 1933, the name was changed to The Hammond Times, and it became an afternoon paper that served Hammond, Whiting, and East Chicago. In May 1962, the McHie family sold the paper to Robert S. Howard. The publication expanded in 1967 and was renamed The Times. The current owner, Lee Enterprises, bought the paper in April of 2002. The Times Media Company is the leading media company in the Northwest Indiana and is dedicated to bettering the quality of life in Northwest Indiana. The paper plans in doing this through local news, information, service projects and the community relationships. Bill Masterson Jr. is the publisher of The Times and William E. Nagle is the editor. Headquarters for the newspaper are located in Munster, IN on 45th Avenue. The Times distributes on average a total of 85, 195 papers daily and 92,347 on Sundays.